Shells, sesame & soba-cha crunch and gianduja noir with sesame & soba-cha crunch by Gabriele Riva.
Yield: 129 bonbons
- Black cocoa butter
- Gold cocoa butter
- 65% Cocoa Barry Inaya dark chocolate
1. Spray Cacao Barry sphere shells with black cocoa butter around the sphere edges and then with gold cocoa butter inside.
2. Make thin shells with 65% Cocoa Barry Inaya Dark Chocolate.
Sesame & Soba-cha Crunch:
- 0.88 oz/25 g filtered water
- 2.8 oz/80 g granulated sugar
- 1.4 oz/40 g white sesame seeds
- 1.4 oz/40 g soba-cha
- 0.017 oz/0.5 g Maldon salt
1. Bring water and sugar to 250°F (121°Celsius).
2. Add white sesame seeds and soba-cha. Stir fast and caramelize. Add the Maldon salt and pour on top of a silicone mat and separate really fast into tiny pieces. Let cool down and keep it aside.
Gianduja Noir with Sesame & Soba-cha Crunch:
- 33.3 oz/945 g Cacao Barry Gianduja Noir
- 7.4 oz/210 g Piedmont hazelnut paste 100% (Pregel)
- 4.6 oz/130 g Sesame and Soba-cha Crunch
- 0.35 oz/10 g roasted sesame oil
- 0.035 oz/1 g freeze-dried soy sauce powder
- Tempered 65% Cocoa Barry Inaya dark chocolate
1. Melt Cacao Barry Gianduja Noir and mix it with Pregel Piedmont hazelnut paste.
2. Temper the Hazelnut Gianduja to 82°F (28°Celsius). Add freeze-dried soy sauce powder, white sesame and Soba-cha Crunch to it.
3. Pipe into Cacao Barry chocolate sphere shells and let crystallize. Cover with tempered 65% Cocoa Barry Inaya dark chocolate and allow to set. Unmold.
Quality control: Store at 59°F (15°Celsius) and 50% humidity.