This water ganache uses fruit juice for bold flavors by Fred Loraschi of Frederic Lorachi Chocolates in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
“I would say that working without cream and butter is not really a problem, it is very possible to only use fruit juice or puree which will allow you to bring a bold flavor to your preparation. The loss of fat and solids from the cream and or butter can usually be compensated by a rich milk or white chocolate couverture.”
- 7.7 oz/220 g Mandarin orange juice
- 1.7 oz/50 g lemon juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 vanilla bean
- 0.7 oz/20 g sorbitol powder
- 1.6 oz/45 g brown sugar
- 8.1 oz/230 g caramel couverture
- 11.3 oz/320 g white chocolate couverture
- 1.4 oz/40 g Grand Marnier
1. Warm up Mandarin juice, lemon juice, zest, vanilla bean in saucepot.
2. Caramelize the sorbitol powder and brown sugar to a light caramel. Deglaze with warm juices and let infuse.
3. When the mixture cools down to 70°C, strain and add to chocolates. Add Grand Marnier and emulsify.