Apricot sorbet, pistachio gelato, roasted apricots, meringue, vanilla chantilly, apricot marshmallows, apricot gelee and crystaline tuiles by Eric Bertoia, Pastry Chef/Technician of Paris Gourmet in Carlstadt, NJ.
Yield: 12 servings
- 11.46 oz/325 g water
- 8.4 oz/240 g granulated sugar
- 0.14 oz/4 g Cuisine Tech Cremodan 64
- 1.2 oz/35 g Cuisine Tech dextrose
- 2.3 oz/65 g Pastry 1 glucose powder
- 2.2 lb/1 kg Ravifruit apricot puree
1. In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, sorbet stabilizer, dextrose, and glucose powder. Bring to a simmer, then transfer to a bowl set over ice. Add apricot puree.
2. Spin and mold the sorbet into half of Flexipan molds (leave remaining half of molds for Pistachio Gelato).
- 7.7 oz/220 g granulated sugar
- 1 oz/30 g Cuisine Tech dextrose
- 3.5 oz/100 g Gelatech Gelpan Cold 100
- 33.8 liq oz/1 lt whole milk
- 4.2 oz/120 g Gelatech Pistachio Puro Paste
1. Combine dry ingredients well.
2. Add wet ingredients by using hand mixer. Allow base to stand at least 20 minutes.
3. Spin and mold directly into remaining half of Flexipan molds.
- 10.5 oz/300 g Ravifruit IQF apricots
- 2.1 oz/60 g granulated sugar
Spread apricots on a silicone baking mat; sprinkle with sugar and bake at 320°F for 20 minutes.
- 3.5 oz/100 g egg whites
- 7 oz/200 g confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Gahara vanilla bean
- Pastry 1 orange food coloring, as needed
1. Make a medium-peak French meringue with the whites and granulated sugar and then fold in the confectioners’ sugar and coloring.
2. Pipe out the meringue into discs and kisses. Bake in a 200°F oven until crisp and dry in the center.
- 17.6 oz/500 g heavy cream 35%
- 3.5 oz/100 g granulated sugar
- 1 Gahara vanilla bean, spit and scraped
Whip the heavy cream with sugar and vanilla seeds to stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag with a medium tip.
- 22.22 oz/630 g granulated sugar
- 11.11 oz/315 g Pastry 1 glucose syrup
- 3.5 oz/100 g honey
- 3.5 oz/100 g Nevuline trimoline
- 0.56 oz/160 g water
- 1 Gahara vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 2 oz/56 g Pastry 1 silver gelatin sheets, bloomed
- 5.3 oz/150 g Ravifruit apricot puree
1. Cook sugar, glucose syrup, honey, Nevuline, water, and vanilla been seeds to 251°F (122°C), then pour into a mixing bowl. When the liquid reaches 212°F (100°C), add gelatin and whisk until dissolved. Add apricot puree with a spatula.
2. Pipe the marshmallow into kisses. Leave to set at room temperature overnight.
- 1 oz/30 g Cuisine Tech Vitpris
- 8.8 oz/250g granulated sugar
- 8.8 oz/250 g Ravifruit apricot puree
- 0.5 oz/15 g Pastry 1 glucose syrup
- 0.03 oz/1 g Cuisine Tech citric acid
1. Mix the Vitpris with a little bit of the sugar.
2. Warm the puree and remaining sugar. Add the Vitpris and bring to a boil; boil for 2-3 minutes. Finish with the citric acid. Pour into shallow pan and allow to set.
3. When set, cut into cubes.
- 10.5 oz/300 g Pastry 1 Fondant
- 7 oz/200 g Pastry 1 glucose syrup
- Water-soluble orange food coloring
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook to 320°F (160°C). Poor onto a silicone baking mat and cool.
2. Grind pieces in spice grinder and then spread the powder over a long rectangular template (it should be the right size to form a ring around each dessert) on a silicone baking mat. Bake at 400°F until set, then roll into a ring cake shape. Set aside.
- Candied violets
For each serving, set a disc of meringue on a chilled dessert plated and top with a pistachio gelato – apricot sorbet dome. Pipe vanilla Chantilly all around the dome. Arrange some meringue kisses, Apricot Marshmallows and Apricot Gelee cubes. Place the Crystalline Tuile ring around the dessert using an offset spatula. On the side, place a piece of roasted apricot and with a grater add some candied violet flower.