Strawberry jelly, graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese ganache, graham base and strawberry white chocolate by Ramon Perez, Owner of Puur Chocolat in Sacramento, CA.
Yield: 64 bonbons
- 5.3 oz/150 g strawberry puree
- 1.2 oz/35 g glucose
- 1 oz/28 g granulated sugar
- 0.04 oz/1.3 g NH pectin
- 0.07 oz/2 g citric acid
Heat strawberry puree with glucose. Mix sugar with pectin and citric acid. At 176°F (80°C), add sugar-pectin mixture. Bring to 217°F (103°C). Cool, mix well, and transfer to piping bag.
Graham Cracker Crumbs:
- 9.8 oz/280 g cake flour
- 0.15 oz/4.2 g baking soda
- 0.1 oz/3 g Vietnamese cinnamon
- 0.14 oz/4 g sea salt
- 3.7 oz/105 g light brown sugar
- 3.5 oz/98 g unsalted butter 85%
- 3.5 oz/98 g wildflower honey
- 1.76 oz/50 g whole milk
- 0.6 oz/17 g vanilla extract
1. Sift together cake flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. Cream sugar, butter, honey. Add milk and extract. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Spread to ¼” (7 mm) thick. Bake 300°F, low fan, for about 30 minutes. Grind in food processor.
Cream Cheese Ganache:
- 2.1 oz/60 g heavy cream
- 0.67 oz/19 g invert sugar
- 0.56 oz/16 g dextrose
- 1.2 oz/35 g cream cheese
- 0.017 oz/0.5 g citric acid
- 4.9 oz/139 g Republica del Cacao Ecuador White Chocolate
- 0.5 oz/15 g cocoa butter
1. Bring cream, invert and dextrose to 176°F (80°C). Pour over cream cheese and add citric acid. Mix well.
2. Melt chocolate with cocoa butter to 104°F (40°C). Emulsify with cream. Cool to 84°F (29°C).
- 3.14 oz/89 g Republica del Cacao Milk Chocolate 40%
- 0.3 oz/9 g cocoa butter
- 2.6 oz/75 g hazelnut praline 50%
- 0.017 oz/0.5 g sea salt
- 3.5 oz/100 g graham cracker crumbs (from above)
- 1.58 oz/45 g freeze-dried strawberry powder
Melt chocolate with cocoa butter; add to praline. Temper to 73°F (23°C), fold in sea salt, graham cracker crumbs, and freeze-dried strawberry powder.
Strawberry White Chocolate:
- 17.6 oz/500 g Republica del Cacao Ecuador White Chocolate
- 2.6 oz/75 g cocoa butter
- 4.4 oz/125 g freeze-dried strawberry powder
Melt chocolate and cocoa butter. Add strawberry powder. Grind for 2 hours. Temper.
- White cocoa butter
- Red cocoa butter
- Republica del Cacao Ecuador chocolate 65%
1. Polish molds well.
2. Melt and temper red and white cocoa butters. Place in separate piping bags, and pipe at the same time randomly into molds. Shake molds lightly, to “marble” the colors into each other. Crystallize.
3. Cast in tempered Strawberry White Chocolate. Pipe 0.05 oz/1.5 g Strawberry Jelly into each cavity. Pipe in ganache, and allow to crystallize for 4 hours.
4. Top with tempered Graham Base. Place in refrigerator for 3 minutes.
5. Temper at room temperature.
6. Cap with tempered Republica Del Cacao Ecuador 65%.