Cioccolato con Agrumi from Pasticceria Bruno by Joseph Settepani.
Yield: two 7” tarts or eighteen 3” tarts
- 0.5 oz/15 g baking powder
- 10.2 oz/290 g all-purpose flour
- 0.35 oz/10 g cocoa powder
- 0.09 oz/2.5 g celtic salt
- 8 oz/225 g unsalted butter
- 7 oz/200 g granulated sugar
- 3.17 oz/90 g egg yolks
- 0.17 oz/5 g vanilla paste
1. Sift together baking powder, flour, cocoa powder and salt; set aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg yolks and vanilla paste slowly, scraping down bowl after each addition. Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until just blended.
3. Scrape onto floured sheet try, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours.
4. The next day, roll out dough to a thickness of 2.5 mm. Using a 7” perforated cake ring, cut out a round and bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes.
- 1 oz/ 30 g all-purpose flour
- 5.5 oz/156 g pistachio flour
- 5.5 oz/156 g 6x sugar
- 7 oz/200 g egg whites
- 3 oz/85 g granulated sugar
1. Sift together both flours and 6x sugar and then process together in food processor.
2. Make a French meringue with egg whites and granulated sugar. Fold flour mixture in gradually. Spread batter onto sheet pan lined with silicone baking mat and bake at 380°F for 8 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool and cut as desired.
White Chocolate Mousse:
- 0.1 oz/3 g gelatin sheets (silver)
- 1 qt/946 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 lb/680 g white chocolate
- 7 oz/200 g milk
1. Bloom gelatin in water.
2. Whip cream to medium-soft peaks and hold in refrigerator.
3. Place white chocolate and bloomed gelatin in food processor.
4. Bring milk to a simmer and pour into feed tube of food processor while processing at low speed. Process until mixture has a nice, creamy texture. Temper the ganache mixture with the lightly whipped cream and then fold together. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Amarena cherries
- 70% dark chocolate web sprinkled with lemon-infused salt
- Candied orange peels
- Toasted Sicilian pistachios
Place Chocolate Sablé on cake round and spread a thin layer of White Chocolate Mousse on top to act as a glue for the sponge cake. Place Pistachio Sponge Cake on top. Pipe White Chocolate Mousse on top using whatever tip you choose. Garnish randomly with chocolate web, cherries and candied orange peel. Sprinkle with toasted pistachios.