An interesting corn muffin made with Andean purple cornmeal by Ana Arvelo in Chicago, Illinois.
Yield: 8 1/2 dozen mini muffins
- 9 oz/255 g all-purpose flour
- 9 oz/255 g cake flour
- 18 oz/510 g Andean purple cornmeal
- 9 oz/255 g granulated sugar
- 1.5 oz/42 g baking powder
- 0.37 oz/10.5 salt
- 3/8 tsp mixture of onion and garlic powder (1:1 ratio)
- 36 oz/1020 g whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 31 oz/879 g white hominy, cooked and chopped
- 6 oz/170 g unsalted butter, melted
In mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. On low speed add milk and eggs. Add chopped hominy. Mix 4-6 minutes on low speed. Scrape as needed. Add butter and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX! Bake at 325°F for 15-17 minutes.