JMPurePastry's dessert featuring round funnel cakes.
Yield: 18 2.75” round cakes
- 9.3 oz/265 g all-purpose flour
- 0.25 oz/7 g baking powder
- 0.09 oz/2.5 g salt
- 3.5 oz/100 g whole eggs
- 13 oz/367 g whole milk
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Preheat fryer to 350°F. Combine all the ingredients in stand mixer with paddle attachment. Load batter into squeeze bottle with tip cut slightly bigger than factory.
2. Over hot oil loaded with metal rings, release some batter in circular motions, then crisscrossing motions, to form one funnel cake. The funnel cake will rise quickly and expand, so be careful how much batter you use until you get a feel for cooking it. Cook to light golden brown on both sides, then remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, plate and serve while still warm.