Sablé dough, strawberry jam, yuzu mandarin curd, Schuss mousse and lime mirror glaze by Julian Perrigo-Jimenez, Pastry Chef of Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, NV.
Yield: 12 servings
- 6.7 oz/190 g unsalted butter
- 4.2 oz/120 g confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2.1 oz/60 g almond flour
- 14 oz/400 g pastry flour, sifted
- 3.5 oz/100 g eggs (fresh)
1. Cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar. Add the almond and pastry flour. Add the eggs and mix just until incorporated. Reserve in the refrigerator to rest, at least 1-2 hours.
2. Once rested, sheet to 4 mm, then dock and line tart rings. Bake at 340°F to achieve a nice golden color.
- 17.6 oz/500 g strawberries
- 5.3 oz/150 g granulated sugar
- 0.7 oz/20 g pectin
Place the strawberries in a pot and heat, continuously stir to avoid scorching. Mix the sugar and pectin together and add to strawberries. Stir until thickened. Once cool, pipe a small amount into the tart shell.
Yuzu Mandarin Curd:
- 1.4 oz/40 g lime juice
- 1.6 oz/45 g yuzu juice
- 1.4 oz/40 g orange juice
- 0.1 oz/3 g lemon zest
- 2.5 oz/70 g granulated sugar
- 3.5 oz/100 g whole eggs
- 1.4 oz/40 g dextrose
- 2.5 oz/70 g white chocolate
- 1 oz/30 g Mycryo® cocoa butter
- 2.5 oz/70 g unsalted butter, softened
Heat the juices, zest and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Temper in the eggs and dextrose and whisk continuously until thickened. Strain and pour over white chocolate and Mycryo®. Cool to 113°F and Burr-mix in the soft butter. Pour into tart shell.
- 1 oz/30 g gelatin powder
- 7.3 oz/208 g granulated sugar
- 1.9 oz/54 g water
- 4 oz/113 g egg yolks
- 23.7 oz/674 g sour cream
- 0.28 oz/8 g glucose
- 28 oz/794 g heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
1. Bloom the gelatin.
2. Make a sugar syrup with the sugar and the water; cook to 250°F. Whip the yolks to light peaks and add the sugar syrup to them slowly.
3. Mix the sour cream and the simple syrup together, heat slightly. Melt the gelatin and add to the sour cream mixture. Pour into the pâte à bombe and mix. Add the whipped cream to the sour cream mixture and pour into dome molds.
Lime Mirror Glaze:
- 14 oz/400 g cold process mirror glaze
- 1.4 oz/40 g lime juice
- 1 oz/30 g lime zest
Warm the glaze with the lime juice to become very fluid. Add the lime zest. Glaze the Schuss Domes on a wire screen.
Red and green colored Blanc Satin white chocolate décor. Place the Glazed Schuss Dome on top of the Yuzu Mandarin tart. Decorate with red and green colored Blanc Satin white chocolate décor.