Almond butter powder, chocolate tuile, pistachio sponge, ganache, white chocolate ancho chili sauce and mulato chili cream by Brian Archibald Executive Chef of Boulders Resort & Spa; Rosso.
Yield: 10 servings
Almond Butter Powder:
- 1.4 oz/40 g almond butter
- 0.7 oz/20 g maltodextrin
- Pinch of salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until almond butter is a loose powder.
- 1 oz/27 g granulated sugar
- 0.014 oz/0.4 g pectin
- 0.053 oz/1.5 g cocoa powder
- 0.5 oz/15 g unsalted butter
- 0.31 oz/9 g glucose
- 0.28 oz/8 g water
- 0.28 oz/8 g dark chocolate
1. Mix together sugar, pectin and cocoa. Sift.
2. Boil butter, glucose and water. Add sugar mixture off heat.
3. Add chocolate to mix and melt.
4. Spread thinly on baking sheet and bake at 380°F until set.
- 1.3 oz/39 g granulated sugar, divided
- 0.9 oz/26 g egg yolks
- 2.4 oz/69 g egg whites, divided
- 0.7 oz/20 g pistachio paste
- 0.8 oz/24 g all-purpose flour, sifted
1. Combine 20 g of the sugar, the yolks and 0.5 oz/15 g of the egg whites. Whip until thick. Add pistachio paste and blend.
2. Make meringue with remaining 1.9 oz/54 g egg whites and 0.67 oz/19 g sugar.
3. Combine the two mixtures. Fold in flour. Pour into 2” x 3” Fleximolds and bake at 350°F.
- 0.04 oz/1.25 g agar agar
- 10.5 oz/300 g heavy cream, 40%
- 2.1 oz/60 g honey
- 0.03 oz/1 g gelatin, bloomed
- 5.3 oz/150 g dark chocolate
- 0.07 oz/2 g ground cinnamon
1. Bring agar agar, cream and honey to a boil.
2. Add bloomed gelatin to cream and pour mixture over chocolate to melt. Add cinnamon.
3. Pour in pan lined with acetate. Let set in cooler.
White Chocolate Ancho Chili Sauce:
- 1 Ancho chili pod
- 5.5 oz/156 g heavy cream
- 5.7 oz/162 g whole milk
- 1.7 oz/48 g granulated sugar
- 1/3 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 oz/28 g egg yolks
- 2 oz.56 g white chocolate
1. Put chili in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove stem and puree with seeds. Use some soaking water to help.
2. Make anglaise with cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and yolks. Add chocolate and chili paste. Strain. Chill until ready to use.
Mulato Chili Cream:
- 1 Mulato chili
- 10.5 oz/300 g heavy cream
1. Chop chili and place in pot with cream. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
2. Place in cooler overnight to chill.
3. Strain the cream, sweeten and whip to stiff peaks.
- Sea salt, for finishing
Cut ganache 8” x ¾” strip. Turn on its side and make an s pattern on a rectangular plate. Place dots of the ancho sauce randomly around the ganache. Place a quenelle of the Mulato Cream on the front portion of the plate. Break sponge into pieces and place 4 pieces on the plate. Spoon Almond Butter Powder on plate from back to front at an angle. Break tuile into chards and stick 3 into ganache at different angles. Finish the top of the ganache with a little sea salt.